- Date of birth: 18 July 1967
- Height: 182 cm.
- Weight: 95-105 kg.
- Most popular films: Fast and the Furious, The Three X's, The Chronicles of Riddick, The Black Hole.
Interesting, but Mark Sinclair Vincent, better known as Vin Diesel, did not always have powerful steel muscles, and in high school he even had the nickname "worm" because of his tall stature and lean physique.
His nickname, which became a stage name, the actor received while working as a bouncer at the New York nightclub "The Tunnel", where he settled at 17.Vin is an abbreviation of Vincent, and Diesel called him for inexhaustible energy.
Working as a bouncer at the
night club Vin Diesel : "I've been working as a bouncer for almost ten years - in New York, one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Daily strength training and a set of muscle mass, you might say, were required to improve my professional skills »
"I built my body in ordinary street gyms, using an old, proven technique - a regular bar and a bench for bench press. I needed to look massive and even dangerous. The work of the bouncer in
Vin Diesel Training System
Vin Diesel: "I used to want to gain as many muscles as possible. Now my training is built on work on each part of the body, first I load it with heavy
basic exercises in 2-3 sets, then finish off with 10-12 repetitions. "
In order to improve the coordination of movements and improve the mastery of his body, the actor practices yoga and pilates: "These techniques are necessary to create an atypical for the muscles and the entire body of the load, which really helps"( 2).
training program The Vin Diesel program for muscle mass includes three weekly strength training sessions, as well as various cardio( running, swimming), yoga or pilates classes on rest days. The power program itself is built on basic exercises.
Joshua Kozak, the personal trainer of the actor, claims that Vin Diesel periodically replaces strength training with a high-intensity circular training, built on the principles of the CrossFit system. The goal is to study the relief of muscles( 3).
Monday: chest and shoulders
- Bench press or dumbbell bench press - 4 x 5-6
- Dumbbell cultivation in slope - 3 x 10-12
- Push-ups from the floor - 2 x max.
- Dumbbell presses on the shoulders - 3 x 6
- Lifting the bar to the chin - 3 x 8
- Lifting the dumbbells to the sides - 3 x 10-12
- Deadlift - 3 x 5
- Pulling the belt to the belt with a wide grip - 3 x8
- Thrust dumbbells to the belt in the slope - 3 x 10
- Pull-ups - 4 x max
Friday: legs and hands
- Dumbbell biceps resting on the incline bench - 3 x 8
- Dumbbell biceps hammer - 3 x 10-12
- Traction of the block on the triceps - 3 x 8
- Tightening with a narrow grip - 2 x max
- Squats - 3 x 10
- Drops - 2 x 8( foreach leg)
- Socks with a barbell - 2 x 13
Vin Diesel Diet
The actor adheres to a low fat diet, lots of protein and carbohydrates with an average glycemic index. The daily intake rate is 2500-2700 kcal, the food intake is divided into 6-8 parts of 300-500 calories per serving( 3).
The main sources of protein in the diet of Vin Diesel are chicken and low-fat beef, the main sources of carbohydrates are vegetables, fruits, and also baked potatoes. In addition, the actor prefers to eat foods labeled "bio".
The training system of Vin Diesel, thanks to which he gained muscle mass, is based on the classical principles of the basic program - heavy loads and low repetitions. Now the actor also uses circular training.
- MH UK interview: Vin Diesel, source
- Vin Diesel Talks About Working Out Lightbulbs and Actings, YouTube Video
- Vin Diesel Workout, source