Necrosis is the withering away of tissue cells in a living organism and it can arise in absolutely any place in the body. In the oral cavity it can be necrosis of the gum caused by neglected periodontal disease, for example, and in other parts of the body and body it can be necrosis of the heart muscle( infarction), and necrosis of the skin surfaces( bedsores) and so on. The main symptoms of this disease are chills, hunger, complete lack of sensitivity in the affected tissues, their blackening, but, unfortunately, the detection of all the symptoms occurs already in the late stages of the disease, and in early cases it is almost impossible to do.
Causes of the disease
There are several reasons for this disease affecting the cells: it can be a prolonged cold exposure to tissue cells, a stroke, a burn or other mechanical effect, long-pinched blood vessels, and can also bring to necrosis. Severe burns, lack of vitamins, anemia, general exhaustion of the body, burn due to lightning or acid / alkaline exposure, infection, heart weakness, drugs or other toxic substances, high-dose radioactive irradiation, changes in blood composition and serious metabolic disorders. Necrosis can occur as a result of the influence of one of the above factors or several at once - under their influence the normal blood flow to the cells of the affected area is disrupted and they die.
The primary causes of gingival necrosis can be a neglected form of gingivitis, periodontitis and periodontitis.
The causes of gingivitis can be:
- insufficient quality of oral hygiene, that is, as a result of ignoring the daily brushing of teeth there are remains of food between them that cause the formation of plaque, which, if not timely removed, triggers inflammatory processes and gums in the mouthbegin to swell and bleed. As a result, this leads to the destruction of the attachment of the tooth to the gum and the following disease develops - periodontitis or periodontitis;
- as a result of permanent gum injuries, which occurs due to poor-quality prosthetics or treatment;
- incorrect bite can also cause gingivitis;
- as a result of hormonal failure, vitamin C vitamin hypovitaminosis or as a result of blood diseases. Against the backdrop of hormonal failures, gingivitis develops in pregnant women due to a sharply increasing level of estrogen in the blood and in adolescents during their hormonal shift.
Important symptoms, which in no case can not be ignored, is bad breath, bleeding gums, constantly loosening teeth and so on. The treatment of these symptoms is a very long and complex process, but ignoring it means, in the end, a necrosis of the gums, and then a complete loss of the masticatory function. Therefore, in order to avoid such severe consequences, always try to timely treat carious teeth, to prevent caries with the help of special toothpastes. In case of parodontitis or periodontal disease, consult a qualified dentist in time.
Treatment of gingival necrosis
As a rule, treatment of gum necrosis, like any other affected tissue, is impossible, that is, necrosis is an irreversible process, therefore, in the event of this disease, it is necessary to direct all efforts not to treat affected areas, but to restore blood flowto still living tissues and to stop the process of necrosis of cells. And for this it is necessary, first of all, to eliminate the cause of this very necrosis, that is, to remove already dead cells. After that, all actions are directed to restore normal blood flow and normal patency of nerve endings, to increase the body's immune forces and to restore the process of natural regeneration of its cells. In this case, already dead tissue is usually cut out surgically( surgical intervention can be canceled only if the risk to life from this operation is too high).
In general, there are two methods of so-called treatment, or rather, removal, necrosis, which can only be carried out in a hospital and under the strict supervision of doctors:
- If necrosis is dry, then its spread is neutralized by treating the affected skin with antiseptics, by applying dressings impregnated with a composition of ethyl alcohol, chlorhexidine and boric acid. After removing the bandage, the affected areas are dried, or treated with a solution of potassium permanganate, or an alcohol solution of green. Afterwards, those tissues that have already completely died out are surgically removed, and in others, if possible, procedures are performed to restore normal blood flow, prescribe antibacterial and conservative therapy. Removal of dead tissue in dry necrosis is carried out along a demarcation line.
- If the necrosis is wet, then, first of all, it must be transferred to the dry stage, for this the affected areas of the skin are treated with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, then they open all the problematic and purulent places and drain them, after which antiseptic dressings are applied. If these actions do not bring any results, then the affected areas should be urgently removed. In parallel with all the above listed procedures, the doctor should prescribe the patient a vascular therapy, detoxification and antibacterial therapy, since moist necrosis is characterized by the rapid development of infectious infection, which is fraught with intoxication of the whole organism.
Prevention of diseases
- Regularly brush your teeth, remove plaque and stone.
- If you find any abnormalities in the bite, consult a specialist to resolve this defect. In addition, note that a short frenum near the tongue or lips can also cause the development of the disease.
- Eat only healthy food and make sure that your diet is balanced, that is, you have to replenish your body's reserves daily with all necessary vitamins, amino acids, micro- and macro elements.
- Refuse from smoking and abuse of strong spirits.
- If you have chronic gastrointestinal diseases or diabetes of any degree, do not start them, as they are one of the causes of the development of diseases in the oral cavity.
- A general decrease in immunity can also cause gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontitis and then and gingival necrosis.
Summary of the above is as follows: your health should be treated with care and respect, constantly support it and promptly treat it. Since it is better to prevent illnesses, than to diligently treat them.