- Date of birth: January 30, 1974.
- Height: 183 cm.
- Weight: 55 to 90 kg.
- Best movies: "The Dark Knight: The Renaissance of the Legend", "Prestige", "The Equilibrium", "The Terminator: The Savior Come," "The American Psycho".
Filming in the film "The Machinist"
For filming the film "The Machinist" Christian Bale got rid of a third of his weight, losing weight to 55 kg. The method is simple: a cup of coffee, an apple and a tuna bank per day( 1) - 200-250 calories at a rate of 2500. The result: a sharp loss of both fat and most of the muscles.
The break between the shooting of the "Machinist" and the first scenes of "Batman" was only six weeks, for which the actor tried to restore the form as quickly as possible and gain muscle mass. As a result, he increased the weight to 86 kilograms.
Christian Bale diet for filming in Batman
Actor needed to quickly return the muscles, and the total caloric intake was almost 4000 kcal. Every day he ate 350 g of protein, 500 g of carbohydrates and 70-90 g of fat. The training was as active as possible in order to minimize the amount of fat.
Christian Bale is a vegetarian, and he does not eat meat and poultry( 2).Sources of protein were fish, dairy products, eggs, as well as protein cocktails. Meals took place every 2-3 hours - otherwise it just would not have eaten so much per day. What program is Batman practicing for?
The program was based on variations of basic exercises involving several muscular groups at once - both basic and auxiliary. The aim was to activate white muscle fibers responsible for the explosive power.
Christian performed lifting the bar from the floor with pushing upwards, variation of the deadlift, jumping from squat and explosive bench press( 3).Exercises were carried out at a fast pace, and training included a large volume of cardio loads.
- Supertet of pull-ups and traction of the block to the belt - 4 sets of 12 repetitions of each exercise. Designed for warm-up, light and medium weights are used.
- Raising the bar from the floor to the chest - 4 sets of 10, 10, 8 and 6 repetitions. The lower point of motion is the bar on the floor;upper - to the levels of the breast;The first part of the movement is like a deadlift, then the bar rises higher. Light and medium weights are used.
- Raising the rod with push up - 4 sets of 10, 10, 8 and 6 repetitions.
- Sprint - a 10 meter race in 5 approaches, 30 meters in 5 sub-paths, 40 meters in 5 sub-paths. Rest between the approaches - 1 min., Between the distances - 2 minutes.
- Squats with jumping - 4 sets of 10, 10, 8 and 6 repetitions. Squats with a sharp jumping up from the bottom of the movement, at the top of the leg are torn from the ground. To reduce the risk of injury, it is allowed to carry out only a backpack loaded with weight, and not with a barbell.
- Drops - 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Super bar press bench lying in the Smith rack and dumbbell lying down - 3 sets of 12 reps each exercise. Designed for warm-up, light weight.
- Explosive bench press lying in the stand of Smith - 4 sets of 10, 10, 8 and 6 repetitions. Bench press with throwing rod up. Performed under mandatory supervision of the insurer. See description below.
- "Ricochets" - each approach lasts 2 minutes, then 30 seconds.recreation;in total - 30 minutes. On the floor, there are 2 squares measuring 30x30 cm. You need to jump from one corner to the other as quickly as possible, constantly changing the direction of the jump.
- Active rest, involving cardio-loading to increase blood flow in muscles and accelerating recovery: swimming, ellipsoid, game sports and more. In total, not more than an hour this day.
Days five, six and seven:
- Repeat the first, second and third days.
How to do an explosive bench press?
Three important points: First, the exercise is necessarily performed in the Smith stand;second, the control of the trainer or insurer is extremely important;thirdly, it is necessary to use light and medium weights in order not to get injured.
Technique of Exercise: while lying in the smith's rack, lower the bar to the touch of the chest, straightening the arms sharply lift it, at the top point push the bar up and release it from the hands;then gently take it, lower it down and repeat the movement.
Secret of Christian Bale's figure
Note that none of the exercises included in the program can not be safely performed with heavy weight, which once again proves sufficient for the growth of muscle mass of the load can be achieved and average weights.
In addition, one wants to warn you against the repetition of the methods of training the actor - a sharp weight loss and further recruitment, repeated many times, is undoubtedly extremely harmful for both metabolism and health.
Christian Bale is an actor who, for the love of his profession, has been transformed several times from a muscular superman into a starved concentration camp prisoner and back. But remember that such experiments on themselves are unequivocally harmful.
- Christian Bale: Boy from the circus who was a star at 13, source
- Christian Bale's Fitness Workouts for Batman, The Dark Knight, source
- Celebrity Workout - Christian Bale Gets Super-Buff For 'The Dark Knight', source
- All rights to the photographs belong to Universal Ricers Rus, Karo Premier, CP Distribution.