Short anatomy lesson
The most important muscles of the upper back are the broadest and the trapezoid.
- The widest back muscles. Form-forming muscles of the back, giving the figure a conical appearance. Visually expand the shoulders and make the waist appear already. Located on both sides of the spine, and its shape is reminiscent of the wing.
- Trapezoidal muscles. These are the muscles that you need to train if you want to fix stoop. Responsible for the movement of the scapula. They have a triangular shape;in the upper part are attached to the nape, in the lower part - to the spine.
Basic exercises of
Be careful, exercises on the muscles of the back are one of the most traumatic! In the initial stages, use small weights to strengthen the ligaments and muscles to protect the spine. After you master the technique, gradually and very gently increase the weight.
Top and horizontal traction are the exercises closest to the anatomical movement of the joints.
Tightening with a wide grip
Pulling is one of the main exercises for the growth of the back muscles, performed with body weight. In the beginning, learn how to tighten properly, and only then go to training with dumbbells or a barbell.
How can I learn to pull myself right? It is important that during the exercise you should feel the back muscles, not the biceps, working. Grip the bar with the upper grip, hands slightly wider than the shoulders. When pulling, try to pull the body up with your hands, namely your back. Pause for a second at the top point, smoothly return to the starting position.
It is best to alternate as different types of pull-ups - for the head( touching the crossbar with the back of the head), to the chest( touching the chin), and the different width of the grip. The wider the grip, the greater the strain on the latissimus muscles;than already - on the biceps.
Thrust of the upper block
Exercise imitates tightening, go to it only when you learn to pull yourself up, and you can do it at least 8-10 times per approach.
- pull the crossbar to the chest, not behind the head - this will reduce the dangerous load on the shoulders, the
- signal of improper performance - feel the work of the hands. If you do not feel your back, use less weight.
- each time increase the width of the grip - this positively affects the "growth" of the back.
Thrust of upper block - execution technique
Thrust of rod to chest in slope
The legs are slightly bent at the knees, feet at the width of the shoulders. The grip of the bar is slightly wider than on the width of the shoulders. In the initial position, the body and hips make an angle of slightly more than 90 degrees, the back is straight. Slowly lift the bar to your chest.
- Do not arch your back, this is traumatic,
- Feet slightly bent at the knees so as not to slouch,
- Raise the elbows to the sides when lifting the bar.
Rod rod to chest in slope is a complicated version of rod pull to the belt. This exercise involves the upper part of the back more strongly( back deltas, rhomboid, trapezoidal and upper part of the broadest muscles).
Rod rod to the belt
Thrust dumbbell with one hand in the slope
Lean your knee and hand on the bench. Take the dumbbell with the second hand, pull it as close as possible to the chest, then slowly lower it down. Watch that the back during the exercise is parallel to the floor, do not round it;Do not lower the non-working shoulder.
- Once the elbow is at shoulder level, connect the shoulder to the movement - pull it up with the elbow. This will allow you to minimize the muscles of the middle of the back and the upper part of the broadest.
- If you can not lift your elbow above your shoulder, take a lighter dumbbell.
Block traction to the belt while sitting
Basic exercise involving a large muscular mass, especially the thoracic and the widest. One of the best for giving the back a visual width. With a straight crossbar( see photo), trapezoidal muscles are also included in the work.
Make sure that the cable is parallel to the floor during the exercise, the torso does not change the slope, but the back was straight.
Block pull to the belt
Almost the only exercise for isolated work on the trapezius muscles. There are many variations - with dumbbells, with a barbell, standing, sitting or lying down. The photo shows a variant sitting on a bench with dumbbells.
When lifting dumbbells up, you can lower your chin slightly, which will increase the load on the muscles. It is important not to rotate the shoulders and do not relax them at the bottom of the exercise - this is very dangerous for the joints.