Technique of training for beginners
Most beginners who recently started going to the gym, after a couple of months feel "experienced", increase working weight, begin to do isolation exercises and try advanced split-training programs designed for professionals.
Not having even a basic knowledge of what makes muscles grow, beginners copy what they see - and they see the wrong technique of other trainees. At the same time, they consider the control over calories and the composition of the diet to be negligible, fully relying on the intake of expensive sports nutrition.
The development of the connection between the muscles and the brain
Let's be frank - often beginners are simply ashamed to work with a small weight. To show "strength", during training they try to raise much more than they can - but a combination of incorrect technique and excessive working weight sooner or later leads to injury.
It is necessary to learn weight training with medium weight, trying not only to raise the bar, but focusing on which musculature is involved in the work. This increases the number of neurons and develops a link between the muscles and the brain, making training much more effective.
Training program with a bar
For muscle mass, it is not so much strength training that is important, as the body's development of various hormones and the ability to optimally store( and then use) energy in the muscles. Most of all, these factors are influenced by multi-joint basic exercises with a barbell, and not exercises in simulators.
These basic exercises involve primarily large muscle groups - back, legs, chest. However, the secondary muscle groups( arms, shoulders, press, etc.) are also involved, since they are responsible for both mechanical lifting of the weight and for keeping the balance.
How to choose the working weight?
Before the main approach of each exercise( by a group of several repetitions) for the warm-up, one more, with an empty neck bar, is always performed. This approach is never indicated, but always implied. After 12-15 repetitions of the exercise, we go to the main workout for the warm-up.
Add to the bar this extra weight, which will allow you to technically correctly perform the exercise no more than 10-12 times. The last 2 repetitions should be given to you with some effort, however you should not scream in pain or bend over the whole body, desperately trying to push the weight up.
Training program: 2 week
Like last time, training is done three times a week, but one more working approach is added. Fix on a piece of paper the weight used in each exercise. If 15 repetitions are given to you easily, add an additional 2.5 kg to the bar, using weights of 1.25 kg on each side.
- Pull-ups - 3 x 10
- Sit-ups with a bar - 3 x 12-15
- Standing bar press - 3 x 12-15
- Deadlift - 3 x 12-15
- Rod rod to the belt - 3 x 12-15
- Bench press- 3 x 12-15
Nutrition for muscle growth
The average daily energy requirement for an average man is 2500 kcal. No matter how good your diet is and whatever sports nutrition you take, but if the total calorie content is lower than this figure, the body will not be physically able to gain additional weight and build muscles.
In this case, formulas for calculating the calorie requirement have a large error( it all depends on your metabolism), and the caloric content of real products differs by 20-30% of the figure indicated on the package. It is important to consider calories, but do not try to do this with an accuracy of one.
Diet for weight gain: 2 week
The logic of this menu is based on the fact that in the morning you take fast carbohydrates to increase efficiency, at lunch the main meal( the largest amount of carbohydrates) and dinner consists of a large number of vegetables( complex carbohydrates, vitaminsand minerals) and red meat.
- A cup of oatmeal( 30-50 grams) on milk and a half of banana and a handful of the correct dried fruits.
- A large portion of pilaf with chicken breast and dressing with olive oil. For cooking, use either brown rice or a mixture of cereals( buckwheat, cinnamon, lentils, bulgur and so on).About 140-150 g of cereals, 100 g of chicken and 10-15 g of olive oil( added at the end).
Nutrition after workout:
- A large portion of protein( one and a half measuring spoons) and 10-20 g of fast carbohydrates to close the carbohydrate window. Also add 5 grams of creatine to your sports cocktail, and before exercising take a few BCAA capsules.
- An omelet made from three chicken eggs.
- Vegetable stew with beef and dressing with olive oil. Use 200-250 g of various vegetables( zucchini, sweet pepper, corn), 100 g of pumpkin or potato( preferably sweet potato - sweet potato), 50-60 g of cereals or pasta from durum wheat and 100-150 g of beef.
In the second week of the "Beginner's Guide" program, we continue training using multi-joint basic exercises, starting to form a habit of observing a sports diet with increased caloric intake and having a lot of right carbohydrates in the diet.