Complex of sports nutrition for weight gain
Once in a sports nutrition store, it's easy to get lost among a huge number of cans with a three-level filtration protein, creatine with a transport system, a five-type carb type geyner and other sports supplements that promise the fastest possible mass gain.
However, in reality there are not so many types of sports nutrition, really necessary for beginners to grow muscle. In addition, most "fashion" additives sold at an overpriced price are usually inefficient and can be replaced by cheaper ones.
Weight gain: additives rating
The table shows the sports nutrition rating for weight gain with a sorting according to the level of efficiency - from the obligatory and the most important for the growth of muscles to the additional one, and also the recommended reception schedule. A detailed description of each additive will be found below.
|Sports supplement||Admission schedule|
|1. Gainer||In the morning and after training|
|2. Whey protein||During the day|
|3. Creatine||In the morning and after training|
|4. Amino acids BCAA||During training|
|5. Pre-training complexes||Before the powertraining|
|6. Fish oil and Omega-3||Together with breakfast|
|7. Multivitamins||Together with lunch|
|8. Melatonin||Before going to bed|
|9. Testosterone boosters||In the morning and before training|
|10. ZMA||Before going to bed|
Gainer is a fast-assimilable mixture of carbohydrates and proteins, which is the main tool for triggering muscle growth. Since for every strength training the body needs 100-150 g of glycogen, right after the gym the body needs carbohydrates to make up for the spent supplies.
It must be remembered that the contribution of carbohydrates to mass-collection processes often exceeds the contribution of proteins - that is why the athlete needs about 300-400 grams of carbohydrates per day. It should be noted that a portion of whey protein, one or two bananas and 3-5 g of creatine can become a substitute for the geyner.
2: Whey Protein
Whey protein is the main assistant in rapid weight gain, since protein is one of the most important elements of proper metabolism for rapid muscle growth. The athlete's diet should contain 1.5-2.5 g of protein per kg of body weight - at a weight of 70 kg you need 100-175 g of protein per day.
Sports nutrition containing protein obtained from whey, is characterized by a high rate of assimilation - if the usual food is digested for hours, then this protein is digested in a few minutes. One measuring spoon contains up to 20-25 g of protein and is equivalent to a large portion of meat.
Creatine is the most important additive for increasing muscle volume and increasing strength. It acts as an additional source of energy during training and optimizes energy processes. With regular use of 5 grams of creatine per day, muscles literally become stronger.
The second advantage of creatine is that it provokes fluid retention in the muscles. Practice shows that the daily use of creatine leads to a gradual increase in body weight by several kilograms, while simultaneously increasing the visual volume and density of the musculature.
4: BCAA amino acids
BCAA amino acids are the most effective additive for reducing fatigue during exercise. The composition of BCAA includes the three most important amino acids for sports metabolism: taking such a sports medicine makes the body think that a high-quality protein is digested in the stomach.
This is quite important, since BCAA amino acids do not provide additional energy, but also stops catabolic processes of muscle decay. Take one capsule of BCAA( or 1-2 g BCAA in powder) 15-20 minutes before the start of the strength training, then the capsule every 20 minutes.
Additional sports nutrition
- Pre-training complexes .The main ingredients of this sports supplement are caffeine and nitric oxide. Caffeine increases energy levels and allows you to exercise more vigorously, and nitric oxide activates the bloodstream in the muscles, which not only makes them visually greater, but also optimizes the delivery of nutrients after exercise.
- Fish oil and Omega-3. Eating oily ocean fish( salmon, salmon) or taking omega-3 in tablets is an important element to improve immunity and heal various inflammations. Ultimately, this allows the body to build up mass faster, speeding up the recovery processes in the muscles.
- Multivitamins. As the key requirement for muscle growth is the increase in calorie intake, the athlete's body needs to receive not only more proteins, fats and carbohydrates, but also more microminerals and vitamins. Most often, "close" the norms in the winter is difficult, so it is important to take multivitamins.
- Melatonin .A full and strong sleep is not only a pledge of successful strength training the next day, but also the main assistant of the body in the processes of muscle recovery and growth. However, weight training in the evening( which is relevant for most) can cause insomnia. Fortunately, melatonin will help you sleep better.
- Testosterone boosters. The intake of a number of sports supplements or even grass powders( such as Tribulus Terrestris) can positively influence the increase in testosterone levels. This, in turn, will be useful for both for more vigorous training, and for accelerating the processes of recruiting muscle mass.
- ZMA .This additive contains zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6.In case of shortage of these elements in the diet, taking ZMA in tablets is able to increase the level of testosterone. However, the evidence base of this type of sports nutrition is weak enough - that's why it closes our rating of additives for mass gain.
Nutrition for muscle growth
Separately note that without increasing the caloric content of the main diet, the effectiveness of taking any sports supplements for mass gain will be minimal - no matter how much they cost. Remember that daily with regular food you should consume at least 2500-3000 kcal.
The complexity is aggravated by the fact that very often people who are skinny by nature have not only problems with weight gain, but also with a general level of appetite. That is why it is important not just to rely on sports supplements, but also to carefully observe the schedule of the main meals.
In the ranking of the best sports additives for weight gain, designed for lean athletes of nature, the leading positions are occupied by creatine, whey protein and geyner. However, it is important to remember that for caloric growth, the caloric content of a normal diet should be at least 2500-3000 kcal.