Four workouts per week
In one of our past materials, we already mentioned that the most effective strategy for speedy muscle building is built on four workouts a week with the separation of muscle groups on the top and bottom. Twice a week the upper part of the body is worked through, the lower part twice.
Beginning this week, the "Beginner's Guide" is recommended to proceed to a similar strategy of training. If you have absolutely no opportunity to train 4 times a week, train 3 times. In this case, in the first week, workouts A, B, C, and the second - D, A, B and so on.
Lower body training
Muscular groups of the lower half of the body are primarily musculature of the buttocks and legs. In addition, the muscles of the body and lower back are conventionally included in this category, taking into account their indirect involvement in performing many basic exercises, and, in the first place, the deadlift.
The training of the abdominal muscles of the press also traditionally refers to the lower part of the body, since in most press exercises the leg muscles also actively participate in movement - for example, when lifting the legs in the hips, both the press and the muscles of the front surface of the thighs are involved in the work.
Squats or bench press?
In order not to combine two heaviest weight exercises in the lower body( deadlift and squats) in one training session, an exercise is used on one of the days of the program, similar to a squatting in the mechanics - by pressing the legs in the simulator, performed with an average weight.
Doing bench press, remember that the exercise is one of the most dangerous, since many are inclined to use the maximum weights( over 200 kg), which is extremely dangerous for the spine. Do not chase after the records and put the safety of execution and the right technique in the first place.
How to pump caviar?
The key role in the development of gastrocnemius muscles is played primarily by the fact that this muscle group belongs to the class of slow fibers - it requires low-intensity, but long-term loads. That is why runners, most often, have developed calves.
If you want to achieve large and inflated calves, you will be helped more by not isolating exercises( socks with barbells or dumbbells), and basic ones - squats and deadlifts. In addition, a 40-minute run will be useful to both your calves and cubes on the relief press.
Training program: 11 week
Training A, B and C can be on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. In the first case, training D will be on Saturday, and in the second - on Friday, which will leave the weekend free.
Workout A: top of body
- Bench press lying: 2 warm-up, 3-4 x 6-8, rest between sets 3 min.
- Thrust of the upper unit sitting: 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Thrust block to the belt: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 min.
- Lifting dumbbells to the sides: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 min.
- The thrust of the block on the triceps: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
- Raising the bar to the biceps: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
Workout B: bottom of body
- Deadlift: 2 warm-up, 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Foot press in the simulator: 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Front squats: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 minutes.
- Pullover: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 minutes.
- Upgrade on socks with a barbell: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
- Twisting on the blocks: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
Workout C: top of body
- Stand press: 2 warm-up, 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Thrust rod to the waist: 2 warm-up, 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Tightening with a wide grip: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 min.
- Push-ups on the uneven bars: 2-3 x max, rest 2 min.
- French press for triceps: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
- Raising the EZ-bar to the biceps: 1-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
Workout D: Bottom of the body
- Squats with a barbell: 2 warm-up, 3-4 x 6-8, rest 3 min.
- Lifts on socks with a barbell: 3-4 x 8-10, rest between approaches 2 min.
- Pullover: 2-3 x 10-12, rest 2 minutes.
- Lifting the legs in the vise: 2-3 x max, rest 2 min.
- Plank for the press: 1-3 х max, rest 1.5 min.
- Bicycle for the press: 2-3 x 12-15, rest 1.5 min.
Exercise "Bicycle" on the press
According to scientific research, the exercise "Bike" is the most effective exercise for the press. Starting position: lying on the floor, low back pressed to the floor;hands behind the head, but not locked in the castle;knees bent at an angle of 45 degrees;breathing is normal and calm.
Alternately, touch first the left elbow to the right knee, then - right to the left( with the opposite leg stretched);at the bottom point, touch the shoulder blades of the floor. Feel the work of the muscles of the press. Do 12-15 repetitions at a rhythm of 2-3 seconds per each, execute from 2 to 4 approaches.
The main exercises for training the lower body are deadlift and squats. However, these exercises are best carried out on two different workouts to improve their effectiveness. Training the muscles of the calves requires both strength training and running.